We are very happy that you want to take part in the Ganges Nirvana adventure! Our intention with this place is to help the travellers and ensure that they feel as a part of a welcoming and open Community.
Please, read below what we are expecting from you. If you agree, be most welcome!
Be Actively Involved Everyday
At the 9:00 AM meeting to discuss and share the daily community tasks, including : cooking (prepare lunch/dinner, clean the kitchen), housekeeping (cleaning and tidying) and house building. There are 2 documents explaining in detail the housekeeping tasks and the house building review.
Work 4 hours per day to accomplish the daily community tasks (5 days a week). Please keep in mind to additionally clean up after yourself (tidying and sweeping of your own room, washing your own dish, wipe the floor after your shower, clear your hair from the drain, etc.).
Give a financial contribution (min Rs.250/day)
On long term, we want to turn this Community into a free place, based on donations from the travellers. The Community has many small expenses to cover basic needs and extra comfort (like filter for drinking water, electricity, wifi…). But in the end it is a big amount, that we have to split up all the costs and share between many persons.
For the sustainability and improvement of the community, we ask you to contribute Rs.250 per day, so that we:
- Cover your direct living cost : food, water, drinking water, electricity, wifi, cleaning products, bed sheets laundry, etc.
- Afford the indirect living cost : maintenance like plumber and electrician,water filter, renew material and furnishing (bed sheets, lights,paint…)
- Invest into Ganges Nirvana project: whatever is saved of this Rs.250 will be used to pay the construction labours, buy new construction materials and home furnishing… The rent of the rooms in the Homestay also provide an income that helps to let the house running.
Keep the common sense and think “community”
- Clean and tidy as soon as you feel there is something that needs to be done, even if it is not yours.
- Ask around to find out who needs help, and be willing to stop what you are doing to give help. Interact with each other. Everyone gives back and helps out in anyway he or she can.
- Save time, energy and money by always asking before working: starting any new task, implementing new ideas, painting (read/ask for the procedure document, we need to save this expensive materials), cutting or disposing/throwing away, using any resource material (including recycling).
- Think “common”: this can be anything, for example, making a tea for everyone, organise a city tour together…
- Be careful and respectful with everybody (active listening, mindful discussions…), make it your mission to bring people into a good mood and help everyone to feel comfortable in the community. It is hard to build a community if no one socializes.
- Help us to heal each other, to spread love and happiness: it is about caring and supporting, not about judging or criticizing. We all have different channels, characters and horizons… Wherever you come from, we all are human first and have our own emotions.
It is the people who cycle through Ganges Nirvana, the stories they tell and the bonds they form, that create the community!